Re: [Duplicity-talk] [patch] massive performance fix for large volume si

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] [patch] massive performance fix for large volume sizes
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:48:47 +0200

> being required to fill a block. Will have to look at it properly to
> come up with a proper fix. In the mean time, don't apply this one. I

Ok. I was originally afraid that all the code above this was assuming
single reads, but this does not appear to be the case. Thus the
problem was only local. I have attached the slightly modified patch
that I believe is safe, but I want to test it some more to
confirm. However, since I already posted the previous patch I might
aswell post this one with the warning that I haven't tested it
yet. But it's guaranteed to not be MORE broken than the previous
version ;)

My apologies if this affected anyone manually patching their
duplicity. I could have prevented this by simply looking at the code
two lines below my change... I never did due to my assumption that
capping a read is *always* safe, which turned out to be wrong.

Once I have done some backup/restore cycles with comparison with large
files I'll report back.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'