dr-geo

Re: [Dr-geo] Re-write?

From: Gurjot Singh
Subject: Re: [Dr-geo] Re-write?
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 19:33:25 +0530

On 21 June 2014 18:49, gagan <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The concepts used in the software are good and can be enhanced and re-used.
>
> Yes. You should try to get enough code from this version of Dr. Geo

Ok.

<snip>

>> If you suggest that I can use it, then I may start with it, else I will use
>> C++.
>
> I am better with C++. There are many reasons for this,
>
> C++ is known by more people than Vala.
> GNU prefers C/C++ for the code.
> It is fast. :)
>
> And many more you can find on internet.
>
> I know C++ and it will be good for me too since its obvious I have to
> maintain code in future too.

In that case we can use Gtkmm.
See more: http://www.gtkmm.org/en/

<snip>

>> Considering the scripting part, it could be done using either Guile or
>> Lua which can be decided later.
>
> So that seems to be out of new Dr. Geo for the while. I am okay with
> that too since it will be enough of work to be done.

Right now my priority would be to create the bare minimum for the
software to work on. Scripting part can be added later.

>> The main motive is to build a solid foundation for the software that
>> can be enhanced in future without much of a hassle.
>
> Quality over Quantity ;-)

Exactly. :)

>> If all of this is acceptable, then I can prepare my milestones accordingly.
> I am fine with this.
>
> Mentor's reply will be your answer though.

Yes, waiting for that.

--
Gurjot Singh
Blog: http://bhattigurjot.wordpress.com

"You gotta get hurt 'cause that's how you'll learn, You gotta try your
hardest no matter how much you'll burn." ~ Scott Singh