pnet cscc for Mac OS X (was: [DotGNU]Project proposal for the backburner

From: Robert Puyol
Subject: pnet cscc for Mac OS X (was: [DotGNU]Project proposal for the backburner: DotGNUstep)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:02:43 +0200

Hi :

On Wednesday, September 25, 2002, at 02:57  PM, Gopal V wrote:

BTW, I have an issue with the C compiler under Mac OS X and, I guess,
its use of the precompiler. Setting CPP to "/usr/bin/cpp
-no-cpp-precomp " (or -traditional-cpp for pre GCC 3) to invoke the GNU
pre-processor help, but the result of configure in pnetC is still this
one:

Move the -no-cpp-precomp to CPPFLAGS please ... IMHO that is the only
possible solution I have ...

I reproduced your error by doing an export CPP= "/usr/bin/cpp -nostdinc"...
The "-nostdinc" when moved to CPPFLAGS solves this error .

After checking the source code, I undersand that setting CCP was wrong, as $CPP is used as the first parameter of the execvp() call to run the pre-processor.

checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

You may have to edit configure.in to set CPPFLAGS, as it seems to be
hardcoded rather than obtained from the shell exports .

So, edit configure.in, ./auto_gen.sh , ./configure ....

The current configure.in is ok, but cscc is hardcoding the cpp command line. So in function ParseFile()/cc_main.c to support the Mac OS X pre-processor I added a new option (-no-cpp-precomp) to invoke the GNU pre-processor and I suppress some space for options like -I, -D, -U.

Hope that helps,

Yes, now I am able to pass the cscctest/c check and do to the ./configure in pnetC. The next step will be to built the libc.

Thank you very much.

Gopal

--
Robert Puyol