Re: [DotGNU]Project proposal for the backburner: DotGNUstep

From: Robert Puyol
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Project proposal for the backburner: DotGNUstep
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:20:17 +0200

Good Morning :

On Wednesday, September 25, 2002, at 08:19  AM, S11001001 wrote:

--- PROPOSAL ---

* Subject Line: DotGNUstep: The next-generation CLI library

A very interesting framework for DotGNU, this could be a very good way to develop a cross-platform GUI applications.

  ApplicationKit libraries (though not the Objective-C language,
  though this may be a future extension to the project)

Maybe adding Objective-C language to DotGNU could be a proposal for the "frontburner" ? I see a very strong link between GNUstep and Objective-C.

BTW, I have an issue with the C compiler under Mac OS X and, I guess, its use of the precompiler. Setting CPP to "/usr/bin/cpp -no-cpp-precomp " (or -traditional-cpp for pre GCC 3) to invoke the GNU pre-processor help, but the result of configure in pnetC is still this one:

checking for gcc... /Users/puyol/Sources/pnet/pnetC/../pnet/cscc/cscc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

Is has anyone else ran into this problem ? does anyone know a way around it ?

Thanks,

--
Robert Puyol