Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib/tests/System/

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib/tests/System/
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:38:52 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> Note: by default, the tests build against the metadata-only
> versions of the assemblies, but run against the pre-compiled
> assemblies in the pnet distribution.  This will change as the
> compiler gets better.

Well the compiler has got to the bleeding edge right now ... I'm
able to do a compile of System.dll with the exception of the reported
bugs (Compiler Issues:* in Savannah) .

I still need ILNode_GotoDefault implemented to compile Uri.cs correctly.
(what I've done is copy paste the default: code in place of the goto default)

But the issue here is testing against this System.dll ... To test for your
hacks . Put System.dll into some directory and copy the mscorlib.dll from
pnet/samples to that dir , not cat /dev/null > pnetlib.here in that dir.

$ ls /tmp/dotgnu/pnetlib/System/*.dll
  System.dll mscorlib.dll

$ ls /tmp/dotgnu/pnetlib/System/*.here
  pnetlib.here

$ ilrun -L /tmp/dotgnu/pnetlib/System a.out.exe

DO NOT do this for the meta-data compiles you are getting .
it's a hack all the way !

Gopal