dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]PIB question

From: Albert Scherbinsky
Subject: Re: [Auth]PIB question
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 18:48:37 -0400

steehf wrote:

> while i'm at it...
> following section from your draft
>
> <PIB name="Me" >
>         <Account name="My webservice.com Account">
>
> obviously requires user input. there are similar tags like:
>
> <CreditCard name="My new Platinum Visa">
>
> i wouldn't like the idea to ask the user for an account name over popup
> or something similar. i'd rather take a url from the SIML or the location
> of the SIML itself as an account name. however this still doesn't solve
> the same problem with other tags. for now it's not that important i think,
> because the first single login implementation will only consist of a subset
> of the PIB and SIML specs anyway.
> please let me know what you think about that.
> how much should the user be involved (input, etc.)?

I think you have the right idea, to do the minimum necessary
to prove the concept.
Bells and whistles can always be added later.

Regards,
--
Albert Scherbinsky
Drop by at: http://members.home.net/alberts/

Convenient control of our personal information:
Single Login:
http://members.home.net/alberts/single.htm
Simple Interface Markup Language:
http://members.home.net/alberts/siml.htm