dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Early adopters and pesky vendors

From: Albert Scherbinsky
Subject: Re: [Auth]Early adopters and pesky vendors
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 21:34:56 -0400

Kurt, unless you are prepared to contribute something
constructive, go away!

"Kurt L. Sussman" wrote:
> market penetration will probably be fairly thin, even with the
> support of these commercial vendors.

How nice to be able to predict the future. How nice to be
able to sit back and throw wet blankets on the efforts of
those who are making real contributions, without
compensation.

> I've watched a few startups (the commercial kind), and the ones that do
> well have a balance of tech people. marketing people, and money people
> from day one.  For a free project, maybe the money people can be
> replaced with 'vendor alliance' people, no one will debate the necessity
> for great tech people, but marketing is going to be critical for this
> project to succeed, no matter how great the tech is.

Perhaps another mailing list is needed for armchair
marketers to vent.

Regards,
--
Albert Scherbinsky
Drop by at: http://members.home.net/alberts/

Convenient control of our personal information:
Single Login:
http://members.home.net/alberts/single.htm
Simple Interface Markup Language:
http://members.home.net/alberts/siml.htm