dolibarr-dev

Re: [Dolibarr-dev] simple git question

From: Sasa Ostrouska
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] simple git question
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 01:19:30 +0200

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 4:30 PM Christophe Battarel
<address@hidden> wrote:

> i answer myself, it can help others :
>
> in my case, i have two remotes origin (which is my fork on github) and
> dolibarr (official dolibarr repo).
>
> in order to retrieve a branch, let's take 10.0, you have to :
>
> 1) git fetch dolibarr
>
> 2) git checkout -t dolibarr/10.0
>
> that's all !
>

> Le 11/07/2019 à 15:45, Christophe Battarel a écrit :
>
> do you have an example ?

Hi, yes it is basically as you same answer it. I use it to track my
install of dolibarr. I did a git pull initially and then git checkout
branch I want
to follow.
then from time to time I do a git fetch and it updates the full
dolibarr tree, but until I do git merge I do not get the branch I
follow merged into the
currently used one.
This permits me to have all the time the develop branch and other
branches up to date, after a new release is out, I just do git
checkout release
and have that release ready for use.
Of course there is other steps like restarning dolibarr install
process etc. to make it work fully.

In your case git fetch does all what you need, it fetches all the
blobs to your local dir.

Rgds
Saxa