Re: GNUstep Desktop

From: Ondrej Florian
Subject: Re: GNUstep Desktop
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 20:15:56 +0200

Hi Svetlana,

GNUstep Desktop requires a lot of system dependecies and specific system configuration.
It will not run properly unless you install it as root.
Furthermore, be aware it might conflict with existing objc runtime / GNUstep or other libraries on your sytem. It has always been intended to be installed as the main desktop environment with specific set of dependencies.

The best way to try it is to install it in its own VM (e.g. using virtualbox).

Ondrej