Re: Graphos.app : error whith make

From: Patrick Cardona
Subject: Re: Graphos.app : error whith make
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 20:22:45 +0200

Hi Ivan and the GNUstep Masters,

I can confirm these things :

1) The core GNUstep has been installed from the regular deb packages,
i.e. the meta-package 'gnustep'.
2) The only apps I made myself from sources were Graphos and StepSync.
3) And I could achieve to make those after "unseting" the obsolete var.
4) Looking inside the GNUstep.sh, and then GNUstep.conf, I found that
the obsolete var was not defined there.

So I tried different combinations of :
+ X Login : wdm, slim...
+ X window manager : wmaker, openbox...
+ And GWorkspace, Terminal...

Doing that, I could isolate the case where the obsolete var was declared :
obviously, it is due to WindowMaker.
The wersion of WindowMaker installed from raspbian Buster is :
Window Maker 0.95.8

Other thing : the case of GNUstep apps installed from raspbian and not
because I could reproduce the problem with other window manager,
where the obsolete var is not declared.

I am searching now where and how WindowMaker define the obsolete var.

--
Bien cordialement,
Patrick CARDONA