Re: Graphos.app : error whith make

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: Graphos.app : error whith make
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 20:48:35 +0200

On 18 May 2020, at 20:32, Fred Kiefer wrote:

/usr/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/config-noarch.make:121: *** GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT is obsolete. Arrêt.

So, first, it seems that arm achitecture is not recognised.
And what does mean : GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT is obsolete ?
Because in my env, I got such a variable :

pi@raspberrypi:~/Fabrique/Graphos-0.7 $ echo $GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT
/home/pi/GNUstep

Just unset that variable and try again.

This might be because of some old settings somewhere. Make sure you did not mix different installation sources of GNUstep. This may lead to problems very quickly.

There are two scripts to unset (the wrong) and set the required env variables. You will usually find them as <GNUstepInstallDir>/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep-reset.sh and <GNUstepInstallDir>/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh. These scripts have to be ‚sourced‘, not executed. Use source <path to script> or . <path to script>. If you’re building GNUstep apps often it might be good idea to put such a line into your .bash_profile f.e.

Good luck
Johannes