Re: Apps don't load in GWorkspace

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Apps don't load in GWorkspace
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 09:14:11 +0100

> On 19 May 2020, at 00:45, Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We should change this so that make_services is run periodically.
> Nevertheless this needs to be run anytime you add an application so that that
> application's file mappings are added to the master list of mappings so that
> NSWorkspace can open the appropriate application.
>
> Alternatively you could add a periodic entry in crontab.  I have mine run
> every 5 minutes.

I'm sure the install instructions say (or said) that make_services should be in
your .profile to run on login.
When installing a new app, app developers should ensure it is run by the
install script.
So the only time it would need to be run manually is when copying a new
application rather than installing it.