Re: Apps don't load in GWorkspace

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Apps don't load in GWorkspace
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 18:28:39 +0200

Hi,

Patrick Cardona wrote:
If I use 'gopen -a SomeApp', the SomeApp is loaded without any error message.
(Terminal, Calculator, etc).

What is strange is that I can observe different behaviour according to the
origin o f the app.

For example, I can run these apps which I made from source with #o or double
click within GWorksapce : Graphos, StepSync.
I can run the same way a wrapper of the browser Vivaldi made with the
WrapperFactory service.

But the problem I described is occuring only with apps installed with aptitude
or apt from the raspbian repository.

interesting... I fear this could be casued by debian's packages (and thus raspbian) using the damned FHS layout. I wonder what's wrong in that case. Question: when you compile/build install yourself, do you still use the "GNUstep.sh" and gnustep-make provided by raspbian, correct? That is, you have gnustep-make, gnustep-base, gnustep-gui, gnustep-back all from only "one" origin, either Raspbian or compiled yourself.

In that case, everything should be built the same way, save further strange things from Debian. Essentially "App Bundles" are stupidly broken up.

However, last time I tried, Debian is consistent with itself, you install everything from there GWorkspace works.

What is the error?

Riccardo