Re: ProjectCenter running or building

From: Riccaro Mottola
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter running or building
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 10:30:16 +0100

Hi,

On 2020-01-05 12:50:57 +0100 David Chisnall <gnustep@theravensnest.org> wrote:

There is a bug in BFD LD. Things that use ld -r in some situations (I have not been able to find a minimal test case, but base additions is one) have things stripped too early and so all of the Objective-C classes are removed.

On my working setup on OpenBSD I explictely set bfd and this "fixed" for me the c++ abi issues.

I used:
LDFLAGS=-fuse-ld=bfd

and as written in another mail, GWorkspace and ProjectCenter seem fine for me.

What is this bfd vs gold all about?

Riccardo