Re: ProjectCenter running or building

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter running or building
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2020 00:43:24 +0100

Hi !

On 12/29/19 2:16 PM, Fred Kiefer wrote:
I just compiled ProjectCenter with gcc and it seems to be basically working
there (I had to fix a few compiler warnings first but these should not be
relevant for your issues). The NIB loading errors you are getting are strange.
You could try to get a bit more information about the files it is trying to
load by providing the argument „—GNU-Default=dflt“ when starting ProjectCenter.
That way you could try to find out whether the gorm files are actually missing
or could not be loaded.

Thank you for your patches, Fred. I had a look at them and I don't see anything relevant - that is anything that could have caused real malfunctions.

I just compiled with gcc too and it works as before :-P

The missing  NSDocumentClass classes are correct. Somebody set up a document
definition in the Info.plist file for ProjectCenter but never bothered with
providing the classes defined there. No idea how this was supposed to work.

I'm unsure either. Perhaps they are defined only to allow the filetypes to be opened, or something is missing or misconfigured.

However, it surely does not affect NIB loading, the warnings are there since a long time and PC works for me.ù

Later in your log there are errors coming from GWorkspace, you should be
looking into these separately.

They worry me ... I hope we can understand them.