Re: Suggestion for an SDR computer

From: Johannes Demel
Subject: Re: Suggestion for an SDR computer
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 13:10:22 +0100

Hi Moses,

2GSps sounds like a lot of samples. Assuming you have 16bit I and Q that would be around 64Gbit/s (4 * 8bit * 2e9) if streamed continuously. Thus, I'd focus on whatever interface you need to get your samples in and out of your CPU.

In my experience GNU Radio flowgraphs do not require a lot of RAM. I focused on core count and high CPU frequency.

Cheers
Johannes