Suggestion for an SDR computer

From: Moses Browne Mwakyanjala
Subject: Suggestion for an SDR computer
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 22:27:38 +0100

Hi everyone,
I will be acquiring a frontend that could receive up to 2 Gsps. The frontend has an FPGA that could host user-defined VHDL signal processing RTL. It can also stream data directly to the CPU or GPU. I understand that using the FPGA or the GPU could be quite efficient. BUT, I want the signal processing functions done in the CPU whereby the waveform is processed in GNU Radio (or other C++ implementations). I'm currently looking for a computer that could handle this sample rate. What kind of specs do you think I could look for (RAM, CPU frequency, cache size etc).? What specific products would you recommend?

Regards,
Moses.