Re: Resampling radio data

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Resampling radio data
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 18:13:57 +0100

Hey David!

Small fixed-size FFTs are fun, until you need to implement one with a prime
factor of 23 :)

Generally, the trick is more or less that you can decompose any N-point DFT
into a problem
akin to a 2D DFT of size M×(N/M), but only if M and N/M are coprime. That's
cool, for
example if M is the highest power of 2 by which N is divisible, you can use a
Radix-2 FFT
for the columns, and worst case will have to do classical DFTs on the rows, if
you cannot
decompose N/M into further factors for which you have e.g. a Radix-3 FFT.

With something that is of size 23, I don't think there's a known implementation
that'd be
faster than the straightforward matrix-multiplication DFT, but I'd love to be
proven wrong!

Cheers,
Marcus