Re: Resampling radio data

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Resampling radio data
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 12:34:13 +0100

You clearly want the rational resampler, as your resampling ratio is rational.

A 25/23-rate resampler is computationally expensive, no matter how you
implement it,
because to keep the original bandwidth intact, you'd need a low-pass filter
with a
transition width below 2/25th of the bandwidth. Not cool.

However,
you don't care about keeping the full original bandwidth intact, you only need
20/23 of
the original bandwidth, meaning that you get up to 5/25=1/5 in transition
width. Which is
not that hard.

So, design a low-pass filter with a normalized cutoff frequency of 4/10, a
transition
width of 1/5, and live with the aliasing of "do not care" signal into "do not
care"
bandwidths.

I don't foresee this to become a problem, considering your beefy laptop, so try
with the
rational resampler and a custom low pass filter tap vector, and you should be
fine.

Best regards,
Marcus