Re: Resampling radio data

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Resampling radio data
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 14:00:25 +0100

Rough performance estimate:

for a 1/10 transition width filter (which is sufficient to keep 20 of 25 MHz
Nyquist), you
need an expertly guesstimated [1] 24-ish taps, so go for 25 taps: that happens
to be
exactly the minimum filter length that we can use in an 25-interpolating
rational
resampler and still do the full polyphase decomposition trick to run the filter
at the
least rate of the system.

For "1 tap per branch", I have a rough 60 MS/s for *my PC* in mind. So, My
guess is that
it will work for 46->50 MS/s, not for 92->100 MS/s, on *my PC*.

Problem: this is an inherently badly multi-threadable workload, unless I'm
overlooking
something. So, having 48 cores isn't better than having 2.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1]
https://dsp.stackexchange.com/questions/31066/how-many-taps-does-an-fir-filter-need/31077#31077