Re: How to set variable number of inputs/outputs in Python OOT modules

From: George Edwards
Subject: Re: How to set variable number of inputs/outputs in Python OOT modules
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 21:36:47 -0600

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your response!

If you can write a short code snippet to show me how to do this I would appreciate it very much. For instance, I am making an OOT Python Interpolator block which takes a number of inputs and I would like to be able to set a parameter value to tell the block how many input ports are needed. Currently, my design is static, in that if I want to run an experiment with 4- complex input ports, then in a static manner, I set:

     in_sig = [numpy.complex64,  numpy.complex64,  numpy.complex64,  numpy.complex64]

The question is: how do I set "in_sig" in a non-static manner, so even if I wanted 4 inputs, I would not need to explicitly write it out as above and of course if I wanted 20 inputs, I just set a parameter to 20 and the grc block will show 20 inputs for signal connection?

The followup question to this is, how do I set up the "yml" file accordingly?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
George