Re: New Raspberry PI Complete OS release

From: Glen Langston
Subject: Re: New Raspberry PI Complete OS release
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 20:04:09 -0500

Hi Gavin,

Thanks again.

What I need is a simple function that is -not- a standard part of Gnuradio
but rather can be built in 3.7, 3.8 or 3.9. that includes a c++ module

I’d prefer these to not be identically named but rather be tagged with gnuradio
versions,
so that I can compare the differences.  I’m working with vectors.
This probably already exists, but it is not clear to me what is a good example.

ie I’d like:

git clone http://www.github.com/gnuradio/examplev38
cd examplev38
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../
make -j 3 (for raspberry pi 4)
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

then allow me to look at this code and compare it with vector
code in 3.7 and 3.9, so there would need to be

git clone http://www.github.com/gnuradio/examplev37

and

git clone http://www.github.com/gnuradio/examplev39

These should do exactly the same thing in each of the gnuradio versions.
I’d be calling the same “examplev” block in a .grc file that would show that the
build was successful.   That is what our simple vmedian_impl.cc, vmedian_impl.h
and vectordemo_c2.grc code must do.  (in WVURAIL/gr-radio_astro)

It is just not easy to get from 3.7 to 3.8 or 3.9.   Our code is not tagged
by gnuradio version numbers, but this example code must be, so we can compare
one
version to another (I hope we don’t need to go to sub-versions, ie 3.8.2 etc).

Again this must already exist somewhere.  I am completely perplexed by CMAKE and
XML/YAML and SWIG/PYBIND differences.

Thanks
Glen