Re: How to set variable number of inputs/outputs in Python OOT modules

From: George Edwards
Subject: Re: How to set variable number of inputs/outputs in Python OOT modules
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 21:59:02 -0600

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the information!

Does this mean that if I wanted 3 inputs and 5 outputs and all floating point values, then inside the Python code, I simply set
 in_sig = [numpy.float32]
 out_sign = [numpy.float32]

And, in the yml file I set:
inputs:
-      domain:  stream
       dtype:  float
       multiplicity:  '3'

outputs:
-        domain:  stream
         dtype:  float
         multiplicity:  '5'

Would this be correct?
Thanks again for your help!

Regards,
George

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 5:26 PM Gavin Jacobs <apriljunkbox@hotmail.com> wrote:
In 3.7, you would use the <nports> tag, but in 3.8 the trick to setting multiple ins/outs in the YML file, is the keyword "multiplicity". You can see the details of how to configure here:
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/YAML_GRC

Starting with release 3.8, YAML replaces XML as the file format for GNU Radio Companion. This is triggered by switching from Cheetah to Mako as the templating engine, since Cheetah does not support Python 3.