Re: linux distro with GNU Radio preinstalled?

From: Kristoff
Subject: Re: linux distro with GNU Radio preinstalled?
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 15:08:23 +0200

Derek, Sid,

Sid,

Thanks. Looks like a good starting-point. thx :-)

Derek,

That is true, but I want to focus the workshop in GNU Radio itself, not on how-to-install-GNU-Radio :-)

So I prefer something where everything is already pre-installed and that the user just needs to do two things: 1/ configure his/her keyboard, 2/ "click on the GNU Radio Companion icon on your desktop". Most of these people (with a few exceptions) are complete new to both GNU Radio and linux, and I do not want to scare them away by demanding they also need to learn linux.

BTW.
Somebody replied offlist mentioning sigintos. That's also an interesting option.
(I do know one of the people who wants to learn GNU Radio for cybersecurity)

Kristoff