Re: Interested in Cognitive radios

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Interested in Cognitive radios
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 12:15:30 +0200

Hi Shreeram,

There's certainly a lot of things that would be categorized as cognitive radio.

Take, for example, entries that Felix Wunsch of CEL fame did for DYSPAN spectrum challenges [1].

However, before starting to look for arbitrary examples: Really define what your "cognitive radio" needs to do. I guess you're tempted to say "let's adopt the same scope as people did before me", but honestly, "cognitive radio" is a pretty soft term, and basically everything that observes anything to determine when and how to send a packet fulfills that. That is, according to the common definition, your Bluetooth dongle is a CR.

[1] https://github.com/kit-cel/DySPAN17_SpectrumChallenge_KIT