Stopping and Starting Flowgraphs in Python

From: Richard Bell
Subject: Stopping and Starting Flowgraphs in Python
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 18:57:17 -0800

Hello,

I'm trying to transmit and receive small chunks of data in between data processing steps. I can only get the first chunk of data across, after that, calling tx.start() and rx.start() does not seems to work. The flowgraphs I'm starting have head() blocks in them that are responsible for calling tx.stop() and rx.stop(). So the series of call would look something like this:

# send first chunk, this goes fine
rx.start()
time.sleep(0.1)
tx.start()
tx.wait()
rx.wait()

time.sleep(1)

# send the second chunk, this doesn't work
x.start()
time.sleep(0.1)
tx.start()
tx.wait()
rx.wait()

When the head blocks call tx.stop() and rx.stop() internally, does that make the flowgraphs unrecoverable for the next tx/rx.start()? If this is the case, how would we implement what I'm describing?