Re: GRC embedded Python vector support

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: GRC embedded Python vector support
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 20:34:23 -0500

On 11/23/2019 08:22 AM, Glen Langston wrote:
Hi Marcus,

I’ve implemented two very simple “vector median” codes,
one in python and the other in c++.

These take run-time defined vectors and in series and decimate, returning the
median
of the 4 or more vectors.   The vector length is an argument.

see python/ra_vmedian.py in

git clone http://www.github.com/WVURAIL/gr-radio_astronomy

and/or

lib/vmedian_impl.cc lib/vmedian_impl.h

for the c++ version.  C++ is much more efficient.  On a raspberry pi 4,
replacing the 5 vector medians (in sequence)
in python with the c++ version reduced the cpu load by 1/2 a cpu.

Glen
Went to build this on my lappy here (which, granted, has ancient OS on it):

                from /home/mleech/gr-radio_astro/lib/detect_impl.cc:30:
/usr/include/c++/4.8.3/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.
 #error This file requires compiler and library support for the \
  ^