Qt crash on GRC on macOS

From: Mehdi Asgari
Subject: Qt crash on GRC on macOS
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 12:29:24 +0100

Hey  everyone
I have a very annoying bug in my copy of GRC which makes it impossible to use:
every-time I run GRC and add a block (any block) to the empty flow-graph and
click on either “in” or “out” port, GRC crashes and here’s the error

Assertion failed: (!x_link_empty_p(&s->stack)), function CGGStackRestore, file
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreGraphics/CoreGraphics-1348.12.4.3/CoreGraphics/Context/CGGStack.c,
 line 74.

Sometimes even before adding a block, the GUI suddenly turns into a zoomed-in
mode (like everything is bigger: fonts, icons, etc) and then it doesn’t work.
This doesn’t even need a trigger.

FYI gr_filter_design works without issues.

I’ve given up on running GNURadio on macOS, but I thought it may be beneficial
to report it, as it can be a potential bug.

system info:
GR 3.8.0
Qt 5.12.6
Python 3.7.5

The first 2 compiled from source, and python installed via brew.

Bests
Mehdi