Re: Simulated time ?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: Simulated time ?
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 10:33:05 -0500

Hi GD - GNU Radio doesn't implement simulated time in runtime in any direct way. If you enable performance counters, assuming that feature still builds and functions, you might be able to get info on timing -- for example latencies and throughput; maybe more, I don't recall all the info PC provides access to.

The only blocks with a knowledge of time are a few sources & sinks (e.g., gr-uhd using timed Tx packets), and the "throttle" block. There are probably some GR OOT modules that have blocks with knowledge of time, too. I don't know of any GR OOT project that tries to augment GR with more specific knowledge of time, such as implement simulated time.

Hope this is useful! - MLD