GNU Radio PPA packages for Ubuntu Available

From: Morman, Joshua
Subject: GNU Radio PPA packages for Ubuntu Available
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 01:17:36 +0000

Hello - as mentioned on the last developers call, we have been working towards putting together Ubuntu packages for gnuradio (based on Maitland's Debian packaging) so that the latest and greatest can be installed more easily without having to compile from source.

Currently there are two separate PPAs

1) GNU Radio - Releases

Builds that have been tagged and officially released.  Currently this includes the 3.8.0.0 release from August.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnuradio/gnuradio-releases
sudo apt-get update

2) GNU Radio - Master

Builds from the master branch.  The intent is to make this the output of weekly/nightly builds.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnuradio/gnuradio-master
sudo apt-get update

Once the repository is added, simply

sudo apt-get install gnuradio

Currently these only include packages for bionic (Ubuntu 18.04) and disco (Ubuntu 19.04) but I am working towards getting Fedora packages up and running as well through COPR.  Please let me know if you run into any issues or have questions.

Thanks,

Josh Morman