Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Errors trying to build gr-radioteletype for versi

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Errors trying to build gr-radioteletype for version 3.8
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 15:45:45 -0400

Hi Volker,

I have built gr-radioteletype with gnuradio maint-3.8, and it works.

Back in June, on GR 3.7, I had a problem compiling gr-radioteletype on my Raspberry Pi due to signed comparisons. In lib/radioteletype/baudot_encode_bb_impl.h I tried replacing "static const char" with "static const signed char", but it caused complications in baudot_encode_bb_impl.cc, so I took an alternate approach:

/*
 * modified by Barry Duggan KV4FV
 * 11 June 2019
* with RaspberryPi compiler, an error is produced comparing char and signed char values. * to circumvent this problem, I have changed all "-1" entries to "0x7f" in the table
 * and in the code
 */

I used those same files now, and 'make' works without errors.

Would you like for me to send you those two files? If so, should I use git, or just send them as attachments?

Thanks for your work on this.
--
Barry Duggan KV4FV