[Discuss-gnuradio] Issue with basic FM receiver

From: Ludovico Cavedon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue with basic FM receiver
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 13:25:48 -0700

Hi,

I am having hard time figuring out what I am doing wrong here.
If I use a NBFM Receive block, it works well, I hear the NOAA transmission.
If I replace the NBFM Receiver with a quadrature demod, FM deemphasis, LP filter, then I just hear only noise.
I looked at the source code of the NBFM Receiver and it seems to be doing exactly that.
I must be missing something very trivial. Anybody has a hint, please?
Screenshot and .grc attached.

Thank you,
Ludovico

fm-receiver.png