Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP GNU radio receiver

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP GNU radio receiver
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 09:59:58 -0700

The USRP has a DC offset removal filter in the FPGA. A carrier sent at 0Hz is exactly the same as DC offset, and will be removed. Zero-IF receiver architectures (like the USRP) intrinsically have DC offset imperfections. The filter can be disabled in the USRP Source "FE Options" tab. It is not good practice to design a system which depends on DC in a zero-IF receiver, because the DC offset error will change over frequency, temperature, time, etc.