Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio File meta Sink performance.

From: N. Benes
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio File meta Sink performance.
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 12:23:00 +0000

If you are on Linux you could just create a file in tmpfs (i.e. RAM).
Use a File Sink with a file in "/dev/shm" for instance (see "man mount"
to configure tmpfs).
Of course you then probably need a lot of RAM (or can capture only small
durations). But it is much faster than disk I/O...

Müller, Marcus (CEL):