Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How should I ignore certain block and add g++ com

From: Bowen Hu
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How should I ignore certain block and add g++ compile options in compiling GNU Radio blocks ?
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 10:51:42 +0000

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your advice, I will try to separate the new code for past two weeks into a new branch in the coming week.

After removing the block from the lib/CMakeLists.txt, I can successfully compile my block now. However, this block was not linked properly, I think.

I ran the ctest, and it gave these information below.

UpdateCTestConfiguration  from :/home/bowen/Documents/GSoC/gr-verilog/build/DartConfiguration.tcl
UpdateCTestConfiguration  from :/home/bowen/Documents/GSoC/gr-verilog/build/DartConfiguration.tcl
Test project /home/bowen/Documents/GSoC/gr-verilog/build
Constructing a list of tests
Done constructing a list of tests
Updating test list for fixtures
Added 0 tests to meet fixture requirements
Checking test dependency graph...
Checking test dependency graph end
test 2
    Start 2: qa_verilog_axi_ii

2: Test command: /bin/sh "/home/bowen/Documents/GSoC/gr-verilog/build/python/qa_verilog_axi_ii_test.sh"
2: Test timeout computed to be: 9.99988e+06
2: Traceback (most recent call last):
2:   File "/home/bowen/Documents/GSoC/gr-verilog/python/qa_verilog_axi_ii.py", line 24, in <module>
2:     import verilog_swig as verilog
2:   File "/home/bowen/Documents/GSoC/gr-verilog/build/swig/verilog_swig.py", line 17, in <module>
2:     _verilog_swig = swig_import_helper()
2:   File "/home/bowen/Documents/GSoC/gr-verilog/build/swig/verilog_swig.py", line 16, in swig_import_helper
2:     return importlib.import_module('_verilog_swig')
2:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
2:     __import__(name)
2: ImportError: /home/bowen/Documents/GSoC/gr-verilog/build/lib/libgnuradio-verilog-1.0.0git.so.0.0.0: undefined symbol: gr::verilog::Shared_lib::~Shared_lib()
1/1 Test #2: qa_verilog_axi_ii ................***Failed    0.17 sec

0% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 1

Total Test time (real) =   0.17 sec

The following tests FAILED:
  2 - qa_verilog_axi_ii (Failed)
Errors while running CTest

I put Shared_lib.cpp and Shared_lib.h in /include. I think the Shared_lib class was not linked properly, since this class need to load the shared library. It includes <dlfcn.h>, normally there need -rdynamic and -ldl options when using g++ to link the library. I am not sure how to modify the CMakeLists.txt in order to link Shared_lib correctly.

Best regards,
Bowen