discuss-gnu-electric

Segmentation Violation at sillicon compiler placement

From: Naohiko Shimizu
Subject: Segmentation Violation at sillicon compiler placement
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:50:47 +0900

Hello,

I have a trouble when making a simple example for place and route
with following steps.

1. make a new facet with schematic. Change technology as schematic-digital.
2. make a logic as

   in1 --
            and  (negate) -- buffer (negate) -- out
   in2 --

3. change technology as mocmos
4. sillicon compiler 1) read mosis library, 2) get network
5. sillicon compiler place --> will cause segmentation violation!

I tried with electric-6.0.8 and 6.0.5 and both crashed with segv.
I suceeded with

 in -- buffer (negate) --buffer(negate) --out

and

  in1 ---------------------  and (negate) --- out
  in2 --- buffer(negate) --

circuits without trouble.

Do you have any idea or workaround?

BTW, I want to make Icarus Verilog to generate valid EDIF file.
I hope I can use Electric to generate layout with the EDIF file.

Best Regards,
Naohiko Shimizu.

http://shimizu-lab.dt.u-tokai.ac.jp/