Re: Printing Score

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Printing Score
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 12:11:00 +0000

On Fri, 2020-12-11 at 19:21 +0000, Harriman Martin wrote:
> I'm attaching the denemo project file for you to look at if you can.

While looking at this score a couple of other things stood out.

1) You have Book Titles set, this creates a separate title page,
starting the music on a new page. That is perhaps more than you really
want for a single movement work. You can change to Simple Titles by
setting Simple Titles, though you will have to type them back in
(Denemo is not smart enough to copy them), and occasionally I've seen a
sort of half-way house with the titles repeated, in which case use the
Score Editor to delete the various Book Titles directives. In any case
as Joe pointed out the overall score size was too big to be usable with
book titles...

2) You have no braces which make it clear where the successive systems
start on the page (well, there is a thin line connecting the staves but
it looks "undressed" without braces. You set the braces via
Staffs/Voices->Staff Groupings (Braces)
E.g. with the cursor in your top staff you could set Choir Staff Start
and then moving the cursor to the bottom staff you would set Brace End.

HTH