Re: [Denemo-devel] (Justified) text between title and staff and text bef

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] (Justified) text between title and staff and text before movement.
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 09:58:03 +0100

On Tue, 2019-08-27 at 09:04 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> What you could do is to interactively design your markup syntax that
> you want to use by invoking the command
>
> Command: Multi-line Text and Music
> Inserts multi-line text object which can include music snippets, Fret
> Diagrams and Note Names/Chord Symbols. LilyPond Markup can be used
> and
> a preview button is available to check the syntax.
> Location: Object Menu ▶ Directives ▶ Markings ▶ Text/Symbol
> Internal Name: MultiLineTextAnnotation
>
> This command let's you see how your markup will look as you write it.
> Once you are happy with it you would copy the markup text and paste
> it
> into the ScoreProlog command above.
> (after cancelling the creation of the multi-line text object of
> course). You could create your entire title and text system in
> LilyPond
> markup syntax, giving you the maximum flexibility.

I should have mentioned - this command isn't ideally suited to the task
of visualizing what your markup will look like because it inserts a
paragraph marker every time you press Enter, forcing you to immediately
press Backspace to delete it, leaving just the newline you wanted. Of
course, you don't technically need new lines inside markup, but they
make it easier to read. Also, you need to surround your whole syntax
with \markup { ... }  even though the visualisation works without it.
These wrinkles are due to the fact that the MultiLineTextAnnotation
command is going to munge the syntax you give up after you have
finished, adding the surrounding \markup{...} and splitting the lines
at the paragraph markers.
I've long thought it would be nice to create a pure LilyPond markup
interactive generator for Denemo, just by cutting down that command...