Re: [Denemo-devel] characters in manual showing up

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] characters in manual showing up
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 14:28:26 +0100

On Mon, 2019-08-26 at 08:58 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 7:56 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden
> m> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2019-08-26 at 07:28 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> > > In the manual
> > Is that the manual launched from within the program or one online?
> >
> > >  there are  characters showing up that are not part of the script
> > in
> > > many places,   For example  e.g. looks like e. g.   Tried on
> > two
> > > computers , the same thing.     Is this a fault of my computers?
> >  If
> > > so what can I do?
> >

> > http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=denemo.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc
> > s/denemomanual.pdf;hb=HEAD
> >

> > is a PDF of the manual that won't have that problem I think.
>
> No problem and i think it is better with the illustrations.   Should
> be in documents on your web site, if it is ready for prime time.

The main link on the website is missing the images, but unfortunately I
don't have access to that bit of the website machinery to fix it, but I
have put an online version at

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=denemo.git;a=blob_plain;f=docs/de
nemomanual.pdf;hb=HEAD

linked to from the Tutorials page. The manual invoked from within the
program itself (press Fn1), should have the images too. The PDF is
self-contained so travels with its own images, that's why I mentioned
it.

HTH