Re: [Denemo-devel] PNG selection export (was Re: Beginner questions (cro

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] PNG selection export (was Re: Beginner questions (cross-staff, PNG selection export, feathered beams, batch export, Print View behaviour))
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 10:11:34 +0100

On Fri, 2019-08-16 at 15:07 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> > Once you have the echo message from the myopen.sh saying what the
> > command it is issuing is you can then check that the file does in
> > fact
> > exist and is a .png image ... indeed you can simply repeat the
> > command
> > that myopen.sh is telling you directly on the command line to check
> > that it is working. (Possible snags could include unusual
> > characters in
> > the file name(*) - some operating systems have restrictions and
> > some
> > characters such as spaces cause parsing problems).
> > HTH
> > Richard
> > (*) so test with a file named something simple, like "junk.denemo"
>

> Hi,
> thanks for your help.
> if I launch the script from the terminal it works (as in your example
> open -a /PATH/TO/Preview mypicture.png). However, when I launch the
> script from Denemo (I put the full path of the script in the Image
> Viewer field) nothing happens, i.e. I don't see the echo message on
> the terminal and the same pop-up window.

As you don't have the echo message we can be pretty sure the problem is
*not* the same as the failure to launch Safari when trying to use the
Denemo manual - in that case Safari was launched, it just didn't expect
a URL on the command line, expecting a file name instead (so you could
fix that by a script that chopped the initial file:/// off).

I've looked at the source code and it seems the problem is that for
some Glib versions the success status of the typesetting is being
inverted.
I've fixed this now in the sources, but unfortunately I don't think
there is any daily build for MacOS - indeed I'm not sure if anyone is
ready, willing and able to build for MacOS - so you will need a work
around. You may be able to get there by locating the temporary
directory where Denemo is storing the results of typesetting. On Unix
it is /tmp/Denemo_*
a new one of which is created each time you start Denemo. In there you
will find the .png files that are created (they are named
denemoprintA.png and denemoprintB.png alternately).

HTH