Re: [Denemo-devel] Print View behaviour (was Re: Beginner questions (cro

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Print View behaviour (was Re: Beginner questions (cross-staff, PNG selection export, feathered beams, batch export, Print View behaviour))
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 17:55:56 +0100

On Tue, 2019-08-20 at 13:07 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> > I think the only way to make progress would be to use a debugger to
> > find out how this is coming about - do you have gdb installed on
> > your
> > Mac?
>
> No, and it seems quite difficult to install it on a mac. However, I
> have lldb installed. I'd like to try with it before going through gdb
> installation. https://lldb.llvm.org/use/map.html
> Could you give me some hints on how to proceed?

As I was looking into what would be the likely place to catch the bad
behavior I came across the reason this is happening on Mac. It would
seem that the Mac handles pop-up windows in a way that makes it
desirable to hide the other windows while the pop up holds the focus.
Unfortunately, Denemo is unhiding the windows at the end of the pop up
dialog without taking note if they were visible before the pop up.
I've fixed this now, but I can't see a way to work around the problem.
With gdb you can change the value of one of the preferences at run time
 with the command

set Denemo.prefs.hide_windows=0

and the Print View would not appear at the end of a dialog, however the
 link you gave does not indicate an equivalent command to do that in
LLDB and, in any case, you would then get whatever undesirable behavior
the hiding of the windows was meant to fix :(