Re: [Denemo-devel] User Specific Commands

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] User Specific Commands
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 17:00:44 +0000

On Thu, 2017-03-16 at 15:48 +0000, Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> Thank you for your response. I would very much appreciate if someone
> could create a MIDI filter for me. Having only started using Denemo
> yesterday, there is much I don’t understand.

please use the "Reply to All" or "Group Reply" buttons when replying to
a mailing list posting, as others will benefit from the reply.

>  Could you please walk me through how to make a piano grand staff my
> initial staff when opening the program?

My approach is to set Ctrl-n as a shortcut for the command "Load Default
Template" and to save the Piano Staff empty score as my default
template(*). The default template is the one you have saved with the
name "Default". The advantage of this is you can include various things
that you always want (e.g. composer, instrument range ...).

It is also possible to write a script called denemo.scm which can do
anything you would wish it to do on issuing the New command - this could
include loading the default template.

> For the MIDi filter I would like it to function as you expressed:
> “make Denemo switch from one staff to another depending on whether the
> note was above
> or below middle C”
> I would like notes played below middle C to be displayed in the bass
> clef.

But where should the cursor go once it has moved to the other staff?
Staying in the same bar? - going to the appending position?

Richard

(*) templates is in the index of the manual, but the description is
rather sketchy :( )