Re: [Denemo-devel] Beaming

From: Andreas Schneider
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Beaming
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 19:58:53 +0100

The format to insert hyphens is two dashes separated by spaces ( -- ).
For your example that would be:

How good it is to sing prai -- ses to our God.

There are other modifiers as well, for examle a double underscore
separated by spaces ( __ ) draws a line. Multiple syllables to one note
can be typeset with the tilde (~) character instead of a space, which
creates a small tie between the words in the print output to show that
to the reader. Since Denemo directly uses Lilypond's syntax, you can
look up the whole story at the Lilypond documentation at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/learning/aligning-lyrics-to-a-melody
and more advanced topics at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-vocal-music
(if this is too techy for you, just ask).

Andreas