Re: [Denemo-devel] Beaming

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Beaming
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 11:53:16 +0000

On Tue, 2017-01-17 at 10:42 +0000, Robin Henderson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for providing a great piece of software.
which version? Try to use 2.0.14 at least, from the denemo.org website.
>  I stated to use
> Denemo yesterday so I'm trying to find my way around it.
>
> Regarding beaming, on the Denemo score quavers are beamed but on the
> printed score and playback score they aren't

well, usually they are - they are beamed according to beaming rules. The
default beaming rules are the ones you usually want. You can set up
other beaming rules or beam manually from Denemo.

So if you are not seeing "normal" beaming in the Print View, it is
likely you have turned off the default automatic beaming rules. The
easiest way to do that is with the Cadenza On command. If you do
File->New and then put in some quavers and typeset in the Print View
there is something mightily fishy if you don't get the normal beaming
for your time-signature.

> and I can't find
for all "can't find" things the View->Command Center is your savior
(given a recent Denemo version), there you can search for, say the word
beam and find all commands that have to do with that.
> where to
> do this.

Manual beaming (and things like partial breaks in beaming) are under
Notes/Rests->Beaming
Time Signatures with special beaming can be created in the Time
Signatures.

HTH