Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with pop ups

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with pop ups
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2016 15:25:05 +0000

On Fri, 2016-12-09 at 12:27 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-12-09 at 12:54 +0100, Johan Vromans wrote:

> > > No, sadly, that is how it is working.
> >
> > I was afraid so. I have great respect for all the troubles you take to get
> > at least some decent behaviour...
> >
> > For the time being, I think I'll build with tooltips disabled. Does that
> > patch still exist?
>
> I'm not sure, but there is no need - simply set the timeout to 100
> million or more... I just tested that.
>
> Meanwhile I'll create a version where you can switch to GTK tooltips -
> it may be you have a fixed version of GTK (I'm assuming you can build
> from 2.0.15)

I've done this now, if you Change Preferences->Command Behavior->Tooltip
Timeout to -1 you can turn on GTK tool tips (restart of Denemo needed
for this to take effect). With GTK tool tips you do not get a choice
about the timing, which seems pure hubris. I would be interested if
anyone can report a version of GTK3 in which the tool tips are usable,
please invoke

denemo --version

to find out which version of GTK you are running against.