Re: [Denemo-devel] New Debian packages for 2.0.x

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] New Debian packages for 2.0.x
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 09:33:51 +0000

On Thu, 2015-10-29 at 23:30 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 29.10.2015 um 11:19 schrieb Richard Shann:
> > I've updated the website instructions to match - I noticed the package
> > is named 2.0.0 but I guess it is actually 2.0.1 as it is from master.
> > The instruction dpkg -i *denemo*2.0.0*.deb would still be ok I guess?
>
> Yes. The argument of dpkg -i is the file name(s) of the package(s) to
> install.
> Moreover, the version information inside the package is 2.0.0. If you
> want it labelled 2.0.1, I need to rebuild the package.

well, it should be labelled with the correct version number for the code
that is compiled - I presume you managed to build from the stable-2.0.0
branch if the version information inside the package is 2.0.0. I was
just guessing that you would find it easier to build from master as that
is what you did before, and then it would be version 2.0.1 and that is
actually a slightly bug-fixed version (the command to create an ornament
with accidentals above and/or below is broken in the release :( ).

So everything is in order - the name of the file and the version number
in the About box and the link on the website all match.

Thank you very much for getting this ready.