Re: [Denemo-devel] FW: Emailing: Greek_Suite_Guitar.pdf

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] FW: Emailing: Greek_Suite_Guitar.pdf
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 08:32:27 +0000

On Tue, 2015-10-27 at 06:54 +0000, Angela Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> Snippets seens to work well. Thanks
> Can you please explain the Crescendo-Diminuendo shortcuts
> PrsL-Shift-CapsLock means to me Press LeftShift

> and CapsLock together

not "and" CapsLock but "with" CapsLock ON

> RlsL-Shift-CapsLock means to me Release LeftShift and CapsLock.
> This has no effect. So I assume that I have it wrong again!

The idea was that you could drag from the note where the cresc should
start to the one where it ends and that this would feel "natural". It
does work. I just tested it. You put the CapsLock on, then hold down the
Shift key while pressing the left mouse button down at the note where
the cresc should start, then drag across to the note where it should end
and release the left mouse button (with the Shift key still held down).
Bingo! the hairpin appears.

But I really think I ought to get rid of it. You are the first person
that has ever given it a go as far as I know. The original idea was to
use it for slurs, but because there is no real prospect of animating the
curve as you drag it isn't so very intuitive and its just so much more
work than 7 8 8 8... to put in a slur.

I'm sending this to the list as others may wish to comment on dropping
those shortcuts as defaults - they were just intended as examples
originally.
I don't think I mentioned this before but if you can send general
questions to the list address@hidden  then a lot more people will
benefit from the answers :)