[Denemo-devel] Problems with the window installer. Re: [bug #45956] Inst

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Problems with the window installer. Re: [bug #45956] Installer deletes system path.
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 13:11:54 +0100

Jeremiah,
I think there is something we could try to improve the windows
installer.
In https://github.com/jjbenham/gub/blob/master/nsis/denemo.nsi

there is this function:

Function postinstall_denemo
        CopyFiles /silent "$INSTDIR\usr\share\fonts\truetype\denemo\Denemo.ttf"
"$WINDIR\Fonts\Denemo.ttf"
        StrCpy $FONT_DIR "$WINDIR\Fonts"
        !insertmacro InstallTTFFont
"${ROOT}\usr\share\fonts\truetype\denemo\Denemo.ttf"
        CopyFiles /silent "$INSTDIR\usr\share\fonts\truetype\denemo\feta.ttf"
"$WINDIR\Fonts\feta.ttf"
        !insertmacro InstallTTFFont
"${ROOT}\usr\share\fonts\truetype\denemo\feta.ttf"
        CopyFiles /silent
"$INSTDIR\usr\share\fonts\truetype\denemo\emmentaler.ttf"
"$WINDIR\Fonts\emmentaler.ttf"
        !insertmacro InstallTTFFont
"${ROOT}\usr\share\fonts\truetype\denemo\emmentaler.ttf"
        ClearErrors
FunctionEnd

I think this may have stopped working with some versions of windows:
When I manually drag feta.ttf to the $WINDIR\Fonts\ directory windows
actually changes the name to feta25.2.ttf and the emmentaler.ttf is
renamed to Emmentaler-26.ttf

So it may be that replacing that version of postinstall_denemo with this
will work:

Function postinstall_denemo
        CopyFiles /silent "$INSTDIR\usr\share\fonts\truetype\denemo\Denemo.ttf"
"$WINDIR\Fonts\Denemo.ttf"
        StrCpy $FONT_DIR "$WINDIR\Fonts"
        !insertmacro InstallTTFFont
"${ROOT}\usr\share\fonts\truetype\denemo\Denemo.ttf"
        CopyFiles /silent "$INSTDIR\usr\share\fonts\truetype\denemo\feta.ttf"
"$WINDIR\Fonts\feta25.2.ttf"
        !insertmacro InstallTTFFont
"${ROOT}\usr\share\fonts\truetype\denemo\feta.ttf"
        CopyFiles /silent
"$INSTDIR\usr\share\fonts\truetype\denemo\emmentaler.ttf"
"$WINDIR\Fonts\Emmentaler-26.ttf"
        !insertmacro InstallTTFFont
"${ROOT}\usr\share\fonts\truetype\denemo\emmentaler.ttf"
        ClearErrors
FunctionEnd

Though why there should be both the CopyFiles command and the
InstallTTFont procedure run I don't understand.

Could you try this out on a build of the mingw exe installer?

The other puzzle is why the installer seems to be adding to the system
path environment variable, the function to do that has been commented
out for some years, but I can't quite trace all the logic...

Richard