Re: [Denemo-devel] Keyboard shortcuts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Keyboard shortcuts
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 15:55:50 +0100

On Sun, 2013-07-21 at 11:17 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Augment.{xml,scm} and Diminish.{xml,scm} are present in
> /usr/share/denemo/actions/menus/ObjectMenu/NotesRests/ChangeDuration
>
> In version 1.0.5 (compiled on Jul 16th) I did have Augment and Diminish
> under the Edit Duration submenu. They disappeared after the upgrade to
> 1.0.7. I hope it's not my installation, but I did nothing different than
> before. If I can provide further information, please let me know.

I have investigated this. It seems that for a long time now (since when
they were created) these have been hidden by default. (Strange when much
more obscure commands are not hidden, it was the result of imagining we
would manage to maintain the hidden/not hidden status sensibly as the
number of commands grew).
The fact that they were not hidden for you (and for me) will be due to
you (and me) having our own file

~/.denemo-1.0.x/actions/Default.shortcuts

In which this hiding of Augment and Diminish has been dropped.

Added to this, until today there were bugs in the save/restore of
shortcuts and commands, so some confusion is likely.

I have fixed the save/restore of user shortcuts and commands, and
hopefully you can now re-load your old shortcut file and save your
command set.

For a new user wishing to use Augment/Diminish they would need to use
the More Commands command (and save the command set), but as these are
generally useful commands I will change the default to having them not
hidden.

Sorry for the hiccup,

Richard