Re: [Denemo-devel] guile 2.0 support

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] guile 2.0 support
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:20:26 +0000

On Sun, 2013-02-24 at 12:00 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> If you have a version of Denemo running guile-2.x then you can test as
> follows:
>
> Open the Scheme window in Denemo and choose the File menu, loading
> denemo-modules/scheme.scm
> Then hit Execute and look in the console for error messages.
> If you get one you can delete half the function definitions in the
> window and try again. That way you will be able to find which half of
> the file has the problematic syntax... repeating the process would
> narrow it down further.
> (The other approach you mentioned could be even better - turning on a
> warn deprecated flag).

I remebered I still have a Ubuntu installation on this machine, so I
booted it up and installed guile 2.x on it. Then I got
denemo-modules/scheme.scm off our repository and pasted the file into
the prompt.
It seems there are two function definitions in there that are not good
for guile 2.x

(define (Replace-nth-...

and

(define-macro defstruct ....

Of these, the first looks like Nils wrote it himself - it looks like it
has an erroneous spelling for the recursion. It may well not be in use
anywhere as I don't think it can work. The second may be needed for the
ImageMagick stuff, it'll need some scheme guru to look at that...